A colleague had an upcoming tournament and was short on time to get his Abyssal miniatures (Mantic Games) finished on time. I helped out by contrast painting his Warlock and a (modified) Flamebearer. Both were interesting challenges:
- The Flamebearer carries fire (obviously) and sits on top of it. I tried my newfound drybrushing skills to give an orange glow underneath his cape and legs.
- The warlock was a total different challenge. For reasons still unclear, my (contrast) paints wouldn’t quite fix on to the primer (wraithbone spray). Almost everywhere I started the paint immediately crept together resulting in many retries before it finally stuck. In hindsight I should’ve reprimed the moment I saw what was happening. That would’ve made this (fun) job a lot easier an quicker. I’m afraid the paint will flake off soon, so varnish will be added before I return them.